CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Surprise David...

I have spent the last month convincing David that we had a baby shower to attend on January 17, at 7:00 p.m at the Ascot Clubhouse. I started the story as soon as we received a "fake" invitation in the mail. I am still unsure as to whose phone number was on the invitation. I then found out that the O'Learys planned a birthday party for Lilly-Margaret on the same day from 5:30 - 7:00 p.m. This appeared to be an obstacle at first, but it proved to be a blessing in the end. My parents and Jason helped out with Coleman and getting everything ready during the day while David was at work. I told David that I was going to help out with the shower, due to the fact it was at our neighborhood clubhouse; therefore, I was able to convince David to hurry home from work, so that he could take Coleman to Lilly-Margaret's birthday party.

The guests arrived at 6:30 p.m. I invited a few of David's co-workers, family, and a lot of high school friends. I kept the party fairly small. At 6:45, I continually called David in order to make sure he left the Funzone in plenty of time to arrive around 7:00 p.m. David was completely surprised! After the surprise, we partook of beverages, ate barbeque and ate cake.

Happy 40th birthday David!


David is checking out the koozies that I had made for him

David blows out his cake with Coleman's help. Coleman clapped after he blew out the candle.

0 comments: